Top ten things you must do when visiting Seoul, South Korea, for the first time
Posted on 02/03/2016 | About Seoul, South Korea
South Korea has received a lot of attention because of the Korean Wave, its high-tech gizmos and gadgets, fashion trends, festivals, landmarks, and other numerous attractions. If you are planning a trip to Seoul, the capital city of South Korea, here are top ten things you must do to make your trip an unforgettable one.
- Go shopping at Myeongdong. This is where you can buy the latest in Korean fashion and cosmetics. Best visited during the afternoon when stalls are set up along the street.
- Scream your heart out at the Lotte World. It is one of the biggest amusement parks in the world.
- Savor some street food at the Gwangjang Market which has a number of street stalls where you can indulge in a variety of Korean street food.
- Take a cable car ride to the top of the Namsam Mountain where the N Seoul Tower is located. It affords you the best views of Seoul.
- Explore Bukchon Hanok Village, a traditional Korean village where you can enjoy getting lost in its narrow streets and alleys while being awed by its traditional wooden houses.
- Walk along or dip your feet at the Cheonggyecheon Stream which runs down through the downtown area. It is a 5-miles man-made stream which cost nearly a billion dollars to complete.
- Enjoy the nightlife in Hongdae. It is filled with bars and clubs, and is known for indie music, urban arts and entertainment. You can party at any time of the day or night in Hongdae.
- If you are into K-pop, you must have coffee or sweets at the Cube Studio Café which is operated by the Cube Entertainment Agency. This is also where you can buy CDs of its artists including Beast, G-NA, BtoB, and 4Minute.
- Dress up like a gatekeeper at the Gyeongbokgung Palace, the main royal palace of the Joseon dynasty.
- You cannot say you have been to Seoul if you do not try Korean BBQ at least once! There are so many Korean BBQ restaurants in Seoul, so you have no excuse not to indulge.
There are so many things to do and explore in Seoul that you must spend at least a week or more to really enjoy this vibrant and dynamic city. Consult one of our Travel Consultants for more details.